This is a personal webside. The intent is to share my passion about cichlids and my experiences whith anybody who has the same interest. All information, photos and comments on this website are my own if not otherwise specified.
A good way to learn about your hobby is reading the books written by people that have dedicated their lives to study the fishes we love so much. I truly believe that we take on a responsibility when we buy these animals and that we need to do anything we can to understand their needs. The more you learn about the animals in your care, the better it is for them and yourself. In trying to be as truthful as possible, here are the books I used as reference:
- Tanganyika Cichlids in their natural habitat (copyright 1988 by Cichlid Press)
- Back to Nature Guide to Tanganyika Cichlids, 2nd Edition(copyright 2005 by Fohrman Aquaristic, Sweden)
- Tanganyika Secrets (co-author Walter Dieckhoff, copyright 1992 by Cichlid Press)
- Aqualog, African Cichlids II - Tropheus (copyright 2003 by Verlag A.C.S. GmbH)
- Tropheus - Verbreitung, Arten, Haltung (2.Auflage 1999, copyright by Dähne Verlag)
- Tropheus - Cichliden (2.Auflage 1999, copyright by bede-Verlag)
- Cichliden, Entdeckungen und Neuimporte - Band I, II und III (copyright 1983 by Engelbert Pfriem Verlag)
Rainer Stawikowski / Uwe Werner:
- Die Buntbarsche Amerikas - Band 1 (copyright 1998 by Eugen Ulmer GmbH & Co.
- Die Buntbarsche Amerikas - Band 3, Erdfresser, Hecht- und Kammbuntbarsche(copyright 2004 by Eugen Ulmer GmbH & Co.
- Die Buntbarsche Amerikas - Band 2, Apistogramma & Co.(copyright 2002 by Eugen Ulmer GmbH & Co.
- The Cichlid Fishes of Western Africa (copyright 2004 by Birgit Schmettkamp Verlag)
- South American Eartheaters (copyright 2000 by Cichlid Press, El Paso, TX)